2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
For purposes of this Code:
1. "Writings" and "recordings" means letters, words, or numbers, or their equivalent, inscribed on a tangible medium or stored in an electronic or other machine and retrievable in perceivable form by handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostating, photographing, mechanical or electronic recording, or other technique;
2. "Photographs" mean a form of a record which consists of still photographs, stored images, x-ray films, video tapes, or motion pictures;
3. An "original" of a writing, recording, or other record means the writing, recording, or other record itself or any counterpart intended to have the same effect by a person executing or issuing it. An "original", when applied to a photograph, includes the negative or any print therefrom. The term "original" includes a print out or other perceivable output of a record of data or images stored in a computer or similar device if shown to reflect the data or images accurately;
4. A "duplicate" means a counterpart in the form of a record produced by the same impression as the original, from the same matrix, by means of photography, including enlargements and miniatures, or by mechanical or electronic rerecording, by chemical reproduction, or by another equivalent technique that accurately reproduce the original;
5. "Image" means a form of a record which consists of a digitized copy or image of information; and
6. "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
Added by Laws 1978, c. 285, § 1001, eff. Oct. 1, 1978. Amended by Laws 1992, c. 222, § 1; Laws 1995, c. 135, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1995; Laws 2002, c. 468, § 65, eff. Nov. 1, 2002.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.