2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-2615. Exclusion of witnesses.
At the request of a party the court shall order witnesses excluded so that they cannot hear the testimony of other witnesses. The court may make the order of its own motion. This rule does not authorize exclusion of:
1. A party who is a natural person;
2. An officer or employee of a party which is not a natural person designated as its representative by its attorney;
3. A person whose presence is shown by a party to be essential to the presentation of the party's cause;
4. A parent, other relative, or next friend of a child twelve (12) years of age or under who is called to testify when the court deems it to be in the best interests of the child and the interests of justice; or
5. The victim of an alleged criminal offense or a representative, parent or other relative of said victim, in any criminal prosecution, upon the motion of the state to bar such exclusion, unless the court finds such exclusion to be in the interest of justice.
Added by Laws 1978, c. 285, § 615, eff. Oct. 1, 1978. Amended by Laws 1988, c. 109, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1988; Laws 1991, c. 62, § 5, eff. Sept. 1, 1991; Laws 1993, c. 197, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.