2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-2611.8. Determination of whether to allow child witness to testify by an alternative method.
If the judge or presiding officer determines that a standard under Section 5 of this act has been met, the judge or presiding officer shall determine whether to allow a child witness to testify by an alternative method and in doing so shall consider:
1. Alternative methods reasonably available;
2. Available means for protecting the interests of or reducing emotional trauma to the child without resort to an alternative method;
3. The nature of the case;
4. The relative rights of the parties;
5. The importance of the proposed testimony of the child;
6. The nature and degree of emotional trauma that the child may suffer if an alternative method is not used; and
7. Any other relevant factor.
Added by Laws 2003, c. 405, § 6, eff. Nov. 1, 2003.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.