2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-24. Journal record - Instruments to be entered - Microfilm.

12 OK Stat § 12-24 (2015) What's This?

Upon the journal record required to be kept by the clerk of the district court in civil cases exclusive of the small claims docket and juvenile proceedings docket shall be entered copies of the following instruments on file:

1. All items of process by which the court acquired jurisdiction of the person of each defendant in the case; and

2. All instruments filed in the case that bear the signature of the judge and specify clearly the relief granted or order made.

The journal may be kept entirely in microfilm, optical disks, or other appropriate medium. Existing journal records in the custody of the court clerk may be destroyed after being stored on at least two microfilm records, optical disks, or other appropriate medium, one of which shall be placed by the court clerk with the Archives and Records Division of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries, or in a bank or other appropriate local depository, and one shall be available for public use in the court clerk’s office. In case of functional failure of the record in the court clerk’s office the copy in storage shall be made available to anyone requesting access to it. The cost of the storage medium and equipment and for viewing and copying shall be paid out of the court fund upon approval by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Copies of the journal record reproduced from microfilm, optical disk, and other media and copies of the original instruments that are part of the journal records, when certified by the court clerk having the custody of the original, may be received in evidence with the same effect as the original would have had and without further identification by the party desiring to offer them.

R.L.1910, § 5324. Amended by Laws 1971, c. 245, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1971; Laws 1972, c. 146, § 1, emerg. eff. April 7, 1972; Laws 2004, c. 447, § 2, emerg. eff. June 4, 2004.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.