2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-2025.1. Assignment by parent to child of right to recover for injury to child.

12 OK Stat § 12-2025.1 (2015) What's This?

The parent or parents having the right to recover damages for an injury to a minor child may assign to said child their right to recover said damages, and where the parent or parents of a minor child bring an action as guardian or guardian ad litem or next friend on behalf of said child and ask for a judgment for him for damages to which said parent or parents are entitled, said parent or parents will be deemed to have assigned to the minor child their right to recover such damages. Any damages recovered pursuant to this section shall be disposed of in the same manner as provided by Section 83 of Title 12 of the Oklahoma Statutes.

Added by Laws 1977, c. 138, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1977. Transferred from § 244 of Title 12. Renumbered from § 17.1 of Title 10 by Laws 2009, c. 233, § 201, emerg. eff. May 21, 2009.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.