2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-1178.2. General garnishee summons - Affidavit - Garnishee's answer.
A. Where the garnishment summons is not on earnings, is not for the collection of child support and is issued under Section 1173.3 of this title, then unless the garnishee shall make the affidavit provided for in Section 1176 of this title, the garnishee shall, within ten (10) days from the service of the garnishee's summons, file an affidavit with the clerk of the court in which the action is pending and deliver or mail a copy thereof to the judgment creditor's attorney or to the judgment creditor if there is no attorney. The affidavit shall state:
1. Whether the garnishee was indebted or under any liability to the defendant named in the notice in any manner or upon any account specifying if indebted or liable, the amount, the interest thereon, the manner in which evidenced, when payable, whether an absolute or contingent liability and all of the facts and circumstances necessary to a complete understanding of such indebtedness or liability. When the garnishee shall be in doubt respecting any such liability or indebtedness, the garnishee may set forth all of the facts and circumstances concerning the same, and submit the question to the court;
2. Whether the garnishee was indebted or under any liability to or had in garnishee's possession or control, any property belonging to the defendant. When the garnishee shall be in doubt respecting any such liability or indebtedness, the garnishee may set forth all of the facts and circumstances concerning the same, and submit the question to the court;
3. If the garnishee shall claim any setoff, defense, other indebtedness, liability, lien, or claim to such property, the facts and circumstances in the affidavit;
4. At the garnishee's option, any claim of exemption from execution on the part of the defendant, or other objection known to the garnishee against the right of the judgment creditor to apply the indebtedness or property disclosed;
5. If the garnishee shall disclose any indebtedness or the possession of any property to which the defendant or any other person makes claim, at the garnishee's option, the names and addresses of such other claimants and, so far as known, the nature of the claims; and
6. That the garnishee has mailed or hand-delivered a copy of the notice of garnishment and exemptions, application for hearing, and the manner and date of compliance.
B. The answer of the garnishee shall be on a form prescribed by the Administrative Office of the Courts.
Added by Laws 1986, c. 185, § 9, eff. Sept. 1, 1986. Amended by Laws 1995, c. 338, § 11, eff. Nov. 1, 1995; Laws 1996, c. 339, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1996.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.