2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-1151. Grounds for attachment.
The plaintiff in a civil action for the recovery of money may, at or after the commencement thereof, have an attachment against the property of the defendant, and upon the grounds herein stated:
1. When the defendant, or one of several defendants, is a foreign corporation, or a nonresident of this state, (but no order of attachment shall be issued on the ground or grounds in this clause stated for any claim other than a debt or demand arising upon contract, judgment or decree, unless the cause of action arose wholly within the limits of this state, which fact must be established on the trial):
2. When the defendant, or one of several defendants, has absconded with intention to defraud his creditors; or,
3. Has left the county of his residence to avoid the service of summons; or,
4. So conceals himself that a summons cannot be served upon him; or,
5. Is about to remove his property, or a part thereof, out of the jurisdiction of the court, with the intent to defraud his creditors; or,
6. Is about to convert his property, or a part thereof, into money, for the purpose of placing it beyond the reach of his creditors; or,
7. Has property or rights in action, which he conceals; or,
8. Has assigned, removed or disposed of, or is about to dispose of, his property, or a part thereof, with the intent to defraud, hinder or delay his creditors; or,
9. Fraudulently contracted the debt, or fraudulently incurred the liability or obligations for which the suit is about to be or has been brought; or,
10. Where the damages for which the action is brought are for injuries arising from the commission of some felony or misdemeanor, or the seduction of any female; or,
11. When the debtor has failed to pay the price or value of any article or thing delivered, which by contract he was bound to pay upon delivery.
R.L. 1910, § 4812.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.