2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 85A. Administrative Workers' Compensation System
A. As used in the Oklahoma Employee Injury Benefit Act:
1. "Benefit plan" means a plan established by a qualified employer under the requirements of Section 110 of this act;
2. "Commission" means the Workers' Compensation Commission under the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act;
3. "Commissioner" means the Insurance Commissioner of the State of Oklahoma;
4. "Covered employee" means an employee whose employment with a qualified employer is principally located within the state;
5. "Employee" means any person defined as an employee pursuant to Section 2 of this act;
6. "Employer", except when otherwise expressly stated, means a person, partnership, association, limited liability company, corporation, and the legal representatives of a deceased employer, or the receiver or trustee of a person, partnership, association, corporation, or limited liability company, department, instrumentality or institution of this state and divisions thereof, counties and divisions thereof and other political subdivisions of this state and public trusts employing a person included within the term employee as defined in this section;
7. "Occupational injury" means an injury, including death, or occupational illness, causing internal or external harm to the body, which arises out of and in the course of employment;
8. "Qualified employer" means an employer otherwise subject to the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act that voluntarily elects to be exempt from such act by satisfying the requirements under this act; and
9. "Surviving spouse" means the employee's spouse by reason of a legal marriage recognized by the State of Oklahoma or under the requirements of a common law marriage in this state.
B. Unless otherwise defined in this section, defined terms in the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act shall have the same meaning in this act.
Added by Laws 2013, c. 208, § 108, eff. Feb. 1, 2014.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.