2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 85A. Administrative Workers' Compensation System
§85A-100. Self-insurance Guaranty Fund Board as party to proceedings.
A. The Self-insurance Guaranty Fund Board shall be a party in interest in all proceedings involving compensation claims against an impaired self-insurer whose compensation claims have been paid or assumed by the Commission and shall have all rights of subrogation of the impaired self-insurer. In such proceedings, the Board may assume and exercise all rights and defenses of the impaired self-insurer, including, but not limited to, the right to:
1. Appear, defend and appeal claims;
2. Receive notice of, investigate, adjust, compromise, settle and pay claims; and
3. Investigate, handle and contest claims.
B. The Board may:
1. Retain such persons as are necessary to handle claims and perform other duties of the Board;
2. Sue or be sued;
3. Negotiate and become a party to such contracts as are necessary to carry out the purposes of the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act; and
4. Exercise any other powers necessary to perform its duties under the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act as prescribed by the Board.
Added by Laws 2013, c. 208, § 100, eff. Feb. 1, 2014. Amended by Laws 2014, c. 169, § 6, emerg. eff. April 25, 2014.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.