2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 59. Professions and Occupations
§59-858-307.2. Renewal of license - Continuing education requirement.
A. Beginning November 1, 2004, as a condition of renewal or reactivation of the license, each licensee with the exception of those exempt as set out in this section shall submit to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission evidence of completion of a specified number of hours of continuing education courses approved by the Commission, within the thirty-six (36) months immediately preceding the term for which the license is to be issued. The number of hours, or its equivalent, required for each licensed term shall be determined by the Commission and promulgated by rule. Each licensee shall be required to complete and include as part of said continuing education a certain number of required subjects as prescribed by rule.
B. The continuing education courses required by this section shall be satisfied by courses approved by the Commission and offered by:
1. The Commission;
2. A technology center school;
3. A college or university;
4. A private school;
5. The Oklahoma Association of Realtors, the National Association of Realtors, or any affiliate thereof;
6. The Oklahoma Bar Association, American Bar Association, or any affiliate thereof; or
7. An education provider.
C. The Commission shall maintain a list of courses which are approved by the Commission.
D. The Commission shall not issue an active renewal license or reactivate a license unless the continuing education requirement set forth in this section is satisfied within the prescribed time period.
E. The provisions of this section do not apply:
1. During the period a license is on inactive status;
2. To a licensee who holds a provisional sales associate license;
3. To a nonresident licensee licensed in this state if the licensee maintains a current license in another state or states and has satisfied the continuing education requirement for license renewal in that state or states. If the nonresident licensee is exempt from the continuing education requirements in all states where the nonresident holds a license, the nonresident licensee shall successfully complete this state’s continuing education requirement for license renewal or reactivation; or
4. To a corporation, association, partnership or branch office.
Added by Laws 1980, c. 165, § 6, eff. July 1, 1984. Amended by Laws 1983, c. 289, § 2, emerg. eff. June 24, 1983; Laws 1984, c. 16, § 1, emerg. eff. March 20, 1984; Laws 1991, c. 43, § 9, eff. July 1, 1993; Laws 1992, c. 94, § 5, eff. July 1, 1993; Laws 1994, c. 149, § 3, eff. July 1, 1994; Laws 1998, c. 60, § 14, eff. Jan. 1, 1999; Laws 2001, c. 33, § 48, eff. July 1, 2001; Laws 2001, c. 235, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2001; Laws 2008, c. 274, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2008; Laws 2011, c. 29, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2011.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.