2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 59. Professions and Occupations
§59-4100.5. Expediting endorsement of licenses or certifications for military spouses.
A. Every agency, board or commission shall establish a procedure to expedite endorsement of licenses or certifications for military spouse applicants; provided, the military service member is on active duty within this state or claims permanent residency in this state for the six (6) months prior to assignment to active duty or during the period of active duty.
B. Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, each board shall establish a procedure to expedite the issuance of a license, certification or permit to perform professional services regulated by each such board to a person:
1. Who is certified or licensed in another state to perform professional services in a state other than the State of Oklahoma;
2. Whose spouse is an active-duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States;
3. Whose spouse is subject to a military transfer to this state; and
4. Who left employment in another state to accompany the person’s spouse to this state.
C. The procedures to expedite licensure or certification shall include:
1. Issuing the person a license, certificate or permit, if, in the opinion of the board, the requirements for certification or licensure of the other state are substantially equivalent to those required by this state; or
2. Developing a method to authorize the person to perform professional services regulated by the board in this state by issuing the person a temporary permit for a limited period of time to allow the person to perform professional services while completing any specific requirements in this state that were not required in the state in which the person was licensed or certified.
Added by Laws 2012, c. 226, § 6, eff. Nov. 1, 2012.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.