2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 59. Professions and Occupations
§59-1350.13. Restrictions on bail enforcers.
No person licensed as a bail enforcer shall:
1. Invade the privacy of a defendant without lawful authority or divulge any information gained by him or her in the course of employment except as the client may direct as permitted by law, or as may be required by law to be disclosed;
2. Willfully make a false report to any person;
3. Attempt any location, recovery or surrender of a defendant without having in his or her possession a written client contract;
4. Attempt any location, recovery or surrender of a defendant without having in his or her possession a certified copy of the undertaking or bail bond contract;
5. Wear any apparel, badges, shields, ballistic vest or helmet during the recovery of a defendant unless such item is clearly marked "Bail Enforcer" or "Bail Enforcement";
6. Carry any firearm or weapon in the recovery of a defendant without a valid armed bail enforcer license, or carry any firearm or weapon when wearing bail enforcer apparel and not actively engaged in the recovery of a defendant;
7. Point, display or discharge a firearm or weapon or administer a noxious substance as defined by the Bail Enforcement and Licensing Act in the recovery of a defendant without lawful authority and training as provided by the rules promulgated by the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training;
8. Wear any uniform or use any title, insignia, badge or identification card or make any statements that would lead a person to believe that he or she is connected in any way with the federal government, a state government, or any political subdivision of a state government, or law enforcement agency, or to permit another person assisting in a recovery of a defendant to do such prohibited acts;
9. Unlawfully enter into the dwelling house, structure, property or vehicle of a defendant or third party;
10. Improperly use force against a defendant or third party;
11. Disobey any local ordinance, state or federal law, including traffic laws, in attempting to locate, recover or surrender a defendant;
12. Use a fictitious name in the recovery of a defendant;
13. Use or modify any vehicle for purposes of bail enforcement that resembles or bears markings or exterior equipment similar to those markings or equipment of an authorized law enforcement agency in this state, or any of its political subdivisions, or that bear any fictitious name, emblems, stickers, seals or design that would imply to the public that the vehicle is a law enforcement vehicle from this state, another state, any political subdivision of a state, the United States, or another country or territory; or
14. Disobey any rules promulgated for the Bail Enforcement and Licensing Act.
A violation of any provision of this subsection shall be punishable as provided in Section 1350.2 of this title. In addition, the Council may suspend or revoke the license of the bail enforcer as provided by the rules promulgated pursuant to the Bail Enforcement and Licensing Act.
Added by Laws 2013, c. 407, § 14, eff. Nov. 1, 2013. Amended by Laws 2014, c. 373, § 8, eff. July 1, 2014.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.