2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 4. Animals
§4-504. Carbon monoxide chambers - Equipment required.
Carbon monoxide chambers shall be equipped with:
1. Internal lighting and a viewport providing direct visual observation of any animal within the chamber;
2. Compressed cylinder gas of commercial grade adequate to achieve a uniform carbon monoxide gas concentration throughout the chamber that induces unconsciousness within three (3) minutes after any animal is placed in the chamber;
3. A suitable gauge or gas concentration indicator or recording device making possible easy and instantaneous visual determination of the carbon monoxide concentration in the chamber;
4. A means of keeping the animals in the chamber in separate compartments;
5. An exhaust fan connected by a gas-tight duct to the outdoors, capable of completely evacuating the gas from the chamber before it is opened after each use, for protection of personnel. There shall also be a gas analyzer located in the room that is capable of warning personnel of hazardous concentrations while the chamber is being used. Small carbon monoxide chambers without exhaust fan or warning bell may be placed outdoors, provided they are placed under a shelter with a roof for protection of equipment and personnel, but open at the sides for ventilation.
Added by Laws 1981, c. 167, § 4. Amended by Laws 2000, c. 199, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2000.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.