2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 4. Animals
As used in the Dog and Cat Sterilization Act:
1. "Neuter" means to render a male dog or cat unable to reproduce;
2. "New owner" or "owner" means a person legally competent to enter into a contract acquiring a dog or cat from a releasing agency;
3. "Releasing agency" means any pound, shelter, or humane society organization, whether public or private;
4. "Spay" means to remove the ovaries of a female dog or cat in order to render said animal unable to reproduce; and
5. "Sterilization" means to spay or neuter a dog or cat.
Added by Laws 1986, c. 204, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1986.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.