2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
§21-982. Commercial gambling.
A. Commercial gambling is:
1. Operating or receiving all or part of the earnings of a gambling place;
2. Receiving, recording or forwarding bets or offers to bet or, with intent to receive, record or forward bets or offers to bet, possessing facilities to do so;
3. For gain, becoming a custodian of anything of value bet or offered to be bet;
4. Conducting a lottery or with intent to conduct a lottery possessing facilities to do so;
5. Setting up for use or collecting the proceeds of any gambling device; or
6. Alone or with others, owning, controlling, managing or financing a gambling business.
B. Any person found guilty of commercial gambling shall be guilty of a felony and punished by imprisonment for not more than ten (10) years or a fine of not more than Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Added by Laws 1975, c. 283, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 1975. Amended by Laws 1997, c. 133, § 271, eff. July 1, 1999; Laws 1999, 1st Ex.Sess., c. 5, § 174, eff. July 1, 1999.
NOTE: Laws 1998, 1st Ex.Sess., c. 2, § 23 amended the effective date of Laws 1997, c. 133, § 271 from July 1, 1998, to July 1, 1999.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.