2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
§21-1111. Rape defined.
A. Rape is an act of sexual intercourse involving vaginal or anal penetration accomplished with a male or female who is not the spouse of the perpetrator and who may be of the same or the opposite sex as the perpetrator under any of the following circumstances:
1. Where the victim is under sixteen (16) years of age;
2. Where the victim is incapable through mental illness or any other unsoundness of mind, whether temporary or permanent, of giving legal consent;
3. Where force or violence is used or threatened, accompanied by apparent power of execution to the victim or to another person;
4. Where the victim is intoxicated by a narcotic or anesthetic agent, administered by or with the privity of the accused as a means of forcing the victim to submit;
5. Where the victim is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act and this fact is known to the accused;
6. Where the victim submits to sexual intercourse under the belief that the person committing the act is a spouse, and this belief is induced by artifice, pretense, or concealment practiced by the accused or by the accused in collusion with the spouse with intent to induce that belief. In all cases of collusion between the accused and the spouse to accomplish such act, both the spouse and the accused, upon conviction, shall be deemed guilty of rape;
7. Where the victim is under the legal custody or supervision of a state agency, a federal agency, a county, a municipality or a political subdivision and engages in sexual intercourse with a state, federal, county, municipal or political subdivision employee or an employee of a contractor of the state, the federal government, a county, a municipality or a political subdivision that exercises authority over the victim; or
8. Where the victim is at least sixteen (16) years of age and is less than twenty (20) years of age and is a student, or under the legal custody or supervision of any public or private elementary or secondary school, junior high or high school, or public vocational school, and engages in sexual intercourse with a person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is an employee of the same school system.
B. Rape is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a male or female who is the spouse of the perpetrator if force or violence is used or threatened, accompanied by apparent power of execution to the victim or to another person.
R.L. 1910, § 2414. Amended by Laws 1981, c. 325, § 1; Laws 1983, c. 41, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1983; Laws 1984, c. 134, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1984; Laws 1990, c. 224, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1990; Laws 1993, c. 62, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993; Laws 1995, c. 22, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1995; Laws 1999, c. 309, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1999; Laws 2001, c. 184, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2001; Laws 2002, c. 22, § 9, emerg. eff. March 8, 2002; Laws 2006, c. 62, § 5, emerg. eff. April 17, 2006.
NOTE: Laws 2001, c. 51, § 4 repealed by Laws 2002, c. 22, § 34, emerg. eff. March 8, 2002.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.