2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
The following persons are exempt from the provisions of Sections 7510-2.1 through 7510-2.5 of this title:
1. Children age twelve (12) years or older who do not choose to be adopted pursuant to the Oklahoma Adoption Act;
2. Children for whom permanent placement plans have been made that do not include adoption; for example, permanent placement with relatives or long-term foster care;
3. Children who, because of medical or psychological reasons as determined by a licensed psychiatrist, psychologist or physician, are not ready for adoption;
4. Children who are runaways and whose present location is unknown; and
5. Children who are currently in an adoptive placement, pursuant to Section 7505-6.3 of this title.
Added by Laws 1983, c. 328, § 3, emerg. eff. June 28, 1983. Amended by Laws 1996, c. 297, § 17, emerg. eff. June 10, 1996. Renumbered from § 60.33 of this title by Laws 1997, c. 366, § 59, eff. Nov. 1, 1997. Amended by Laws 1998, c. 415, § 40, emerg. eff. June 11, 1998.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.