2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-7510-2.1. Department of Human Services to contract or join with adoption exchange - Information to be provided - Definitions.

10 OK Stat § 10-7510-2.1 (2014) What's This?

A. The Department of Human Services, as funds become available for such purposes, shall contract with or join the Oklahoma Children's Adoption Resources Exchange or any other instate or out-of-state or national adoption exchange for purposes of increasing and promoting the placement and adoption of children who are in the custody of the Department of Human Services and in child-placing agencies.

B. Upon contracting with or joining the Oklahoma Children's Adoption Resources Exchange or any instate or out-of-state or national adoption exchange, the Department and all child-placing agencies shall be required to provide certain information to the Oklahoma Children's Adoption Resource Exchange or any other instate, out-of-state or national adoption exchange specified by the Department.

C. For purposes of the Subsidized Adoption Act:

1. "Adoption exchange" shall include only those exchanges which provide a monthly updated system, containing a photograph or description of each child whose parental rights have been terminated and is legally available for adoption; and

2. "Oklahoma Children's Adoption Resource Exchange" is a private nonprofit corporation incorporated in this state whose membership is composed of child-placing agencies which operates under the direction of a board of directors selected in accordance with the bylaws of the corporation.

Added by Laws 1983, c. 328, § 1, emerg. eff. June 28, 1983. Amended by Laws 1996, c. 297, § 15, emerg. eff. June 10, 1996; Laws 1997, c. 366, § 49, eff. Nov. 1, 1997. Renumbered from § 60.31 of this title by Laws 1997, c. 366, § 59, eff. Nov. 1, 1997. Amended by Laws 1998, c. 415, § 39, emerg. eff. June 11, 1998.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.