2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-7505-6.2. Filings required prior to final hearing.
A. Before the final hearing on the petition for adoption, the following must be filed in the proceeding when available:
1. A certified copy of the birth certificate or other record of the date and place of birth of the minor;
2. Any consent, extra judicial consent, or permanent relinquishment, with respect to the minor that has been executed, and any written verifications required by the Oklahoma Adoption Code from the individual before whom a consent, extra judicial consent, or permanent relinquishment was executed;
3. A certified copy of any court order terminating the parental rights of the minor's parents or guardian;
4. A certified copy of any existing court order or the petition in any pending proceeding concerning custody of or visitation with the minor;
5. A copy of any home study performed on the petitioners, including the home studies required by Sections 7505-5.1, 7505-5.2 and 7505-5.3 of this title;
6. In an adoptive placement in which the adoptive parents or birth parents were not both legal residents of Oklahoma prior to the initiation of the adoption process and the parties are not otherwise exempt from the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children, a copy of the approval by both the sending state and receiving state pursuant to the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children;
7. A copy of any agreement with a public agency to provide a subsidy for the benefit of a minor with a special need;
8. A verified document by the Department, or child-placing agency that placed the minor for adoption, or the attorney for the adoptive parent in direct placement adoption, or the person who is placing the minor for adoption in a direct placement adoption in which the adoptive parent is not represented by an attorney, stating that the petitioner for adoption has been furnished a copy of the medical and social history report, pursuant to Section 7504-1.2 of this title;
9. The name and address, if known, of any person who is entitled to receive notice of the proceeding for adoption;
10. The affidavit of expenditures;
11. A copy of the medical and social history report, as required by subsection D of Section 7504-1.2 of this title, including the initial report and all supplemental reports, if any, prepared pursuant to subsection C of Section 7504-1.2 of this title;
12. Affidavits of nondisclosure, if any, signed by a biological parent;
13.a.A copy of the state criminal background check, national fingerprint-based criminal background check, if required by the provisions of the Oklahoma Adoption Code, a search of the Department of Corrections' files maintained pursuant to the Sex Offenders Registration Act, and a search of the child abuse and neglect files maintained for review by authorized entities by the Department of Human Services pursuant to the Oklahoma Child Abuse Reporting and Prevention Act, or
b.If the adoptive petitioners are not legal residents of Oklahoma and the sending state has comparable and accessible checks and searches as specified by subparagraph a of this paragraph, a copy of the approval of both the sending state and receiving state pursuant to the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children or verification that this adoptive placement is otherwise exempt from the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children; and
14. Any such other document or information required by the court.
B. If an item required by subsection A of this section is not available, the person responsible for furnishing the item shall file an affidavit explaining its absence.
Added by Laws 1997, c. 366, § 34, eff. Nov. 1, 1997. Amended by Laws 1998, c. 415, § 25, emerg. eff. June 11, 1998; Laws 2001, c. 434, § 9, emerg. eff. June 8, 2001; Laws 2002, c. 445, § 9, eff. Nov. 1, 2002.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.