2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-601.65. Proposed submission procedures and criteria.
A. The Commission on Children and Youth shall establish the proposal submission procedures and criteria and shall promulgate rules as necessary for the implementation of the Community Youth Development Act.
B. In order to be eligible for a contract pursuant to the Community Youth Development Act the proposal, at minimum, shall:
1. Meet the eligibility criteria established by the Commission;
2. Be a joint proposal made by a school district, neighborhood organization, municipality or county and one or more agencies or organizations within the children and youth service system. If a school district is not a joint participant in the proposal, the proposal shall document and describe the active participation in and support of the local school district in the program and activities for which the proposal is submitted;
3. Be for programs and activities for children not less than six (6) years of age or more than nineteen (19) years of age, or in grades one through twelve, whichever is applicable;
4. Describe the respective roles and responsibilities for the administration and operation of the program and activities, including but not limited to the designation of the entity responsible for the receipt and expenditure of any funds awarded pursuant to the Community Youth Development Act;
5. Include a match for the costs of the proposed program from the local school or other entity submitting the proposal. The match may be monetary or may be an in-kind match;
6. Specifically identify the area within a school district or community or the neighborhood where the programs and activities will be implemented;
7. Describe how the program will coordinate and cooperate with programs and services administered by the Department of Human Services, the State Department of Education, and other state or local agencies, agencies within the children and youth service system and courts and law enforcement, as appropriate for the proposed program;
8. Provide the program and activities on site in a school, community center, or similar location within the identified area of the school district or community; and
9. Include face-to-face contact with the parents, guardians or custodians of youth participating in the program and visits to the homes of such youth as an integral part of the programs and activities for which the proposal is submitted.
C. The Commission on Children and Youth shall evaluate at least annually each entity which receives a contract pursuant to the Community Youth Development Act. The evaluation report shall document the extent to which the program objectives have been met, as well as other information deemed necessary or appropriate by the Commission. Each entity receiving a contract pursuant to the Community Youth Development Act shall submit information to the Commission as required by the Commission.
Added by Laws 1994, c. 358, § 5, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.