2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-601.4. Additional duties and responsibilities of Commission.
The Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth is further authorized to:
1. Facilitate joint planning and service coordination among public and private agencies that provide services to children and youth;
2. Prepare and publish reports;
3. Review the programs, policies and services for children and youth provided by public and private agencies for compliance with established state policies and progress towards goals identified in planning documents relating to children and youth services and to make reports regarding such compliance and progress;
4. Accept appropriations, gifts, loans and grants from the state and federal government and from other sources, public or private;
5. Enter into agreements or contracts for the development of test models or demonstration programs and projects and for programs of practical research for effective services to children and youth; provided that the administration of contract for such model programs and projects shall, within five (5) years of their inception, be transferred to an appropriate agency or the program or project shall be discontinued;
6. Secure necessary statistical, technical, administrative, operational and staff services by interagency agreement or contract;
7. Examine all records, plans, budgets and budget documents pertaining to the children and youth service system;
8. Exercise all incidental powers as necessary and proper for the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the Commission;
9. Promulgate rules as necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities assigned to the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth; and
10. Recommend that a facility providing services to children and youth be closed or that its contract with the state be terminated.
Added by Laws 1982, c. 312, § 4, operative July 1, 1982. Amended by Laws 1990, c. 288, § 5, eff. Sept. 1, 1990; Laws 2004, c. 421, § 1, emerg. eff. June 4, 2004.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.