2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-601.30. Board of Child Abuse Examination - Membership - Officers - Meetings - Quorum.
A. For the purpose of establishing a statewide system to provide expert medical evaluation for children suspected to be the victims of child abuse or neglect, there is hereby created the Board of Child Abuse Examination within the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth.
B. The Board shall consist of ten (10) members as follows:
1. The Director of the State Bureau of Investigation, or a designee;
2. The Commissioner of the State Department of Health, or a designee;
3. The Director of the Department of Human Services, or a designee;
4. The Director of the Oklahoma State District Attorneys Association, or a designee;
5. The president of a statewide association of osteopathic physicians, or a designee;
6. The president of a statewide association of allopathic physicians, or a designee;
7. The Chief Executive Officer of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, or a designee;
8. The Executive Director of the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, or a designee;
9. A representative of a statewide association of child advocacy centers; and
10. The Chief Child Abuse Examiner provided for by Section 601.31 of this title. The Chief Child Abuse Examiner shall be a nonvoting member of the Board.
C. 1. The Board shall annually elect one member to serve as chair and one member to serve as vice-chair.
2. The members of the Board shall receive no compensation for their services on the Board, but may be reimbursed pursuant to the State Travel Reimbursement Act.
3. The Board shall meet not less than quarterly and may meet more frequently as necessary, as determined by the chair. Six members shall constitute a quorum.
Added by Laws 1990, c. 254, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1990. Amended by Laws 2004, c. 421, § 4, emerg. eff. June 4, 2004.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.