2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-601.1. Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth - Creation - Membership.
A. There is hereby created the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth which shall be composed of nineteen (19) members. The membership shall include:
1. The Director of the Department of Human Services, the State Commissioner of Health, the Commissioner of the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Administrator of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, the Director of the State Department of Rehabilitation Services, and the Chair of the SJR 13 Oversight Committee;
2. The Executive Director of the Office of Juvenile Affairs;
3. Five members who shall be appointed by the Governor from a list submitted by the governing board of each of the following organizations:
a.the Oklahoma Children's Agencies and Residential Enterprises,
b.one statewide association of youth services,
c.the Oklahoma Bar Association,
d.the Oklahoma District Attorneys Association, and
e.a statewide court-appointed Special Advocate Association;
4. One member appointed by the Governor who shall represent one of the metropolitan juvenile bureaus;
5. One member representing business or industry, appointed by the Governor;
6. One member who is the parent of a child with special needs, appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
7. One member with a demonstrated interest in improving children's services who is not employed by a state agency or a private organization that receives state funds, appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate;
8. One member who represents a community partnership board to be elected pursuant to the guidelines established by the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth; and
9. One member who shall be appointed by the Governor from a list of three names submitted by the Post Adjudication Review Board.
B. The appointed members shall have had active experience in services to children and youth and may serve four terms of two (2) years each. Any appointed member serving on the Commission on the effective date of this act shall be entitled to complete his or her term and shall be eligible to serve one additional term of two (2) years. Any person who served on the Commission prior to the effective date of this act shall be eligible to serve one additional term of two (2) years.
C. The Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth shall provide a monthly report on commission member attendance to the appointing authorities.
Added by Laws 1982, c. 312, § 1, operative July 1, 1982. Amended by Laws 1990, c. 51, § 2, emerg. eff. April 9, 1990; Laws 1990, c. 288, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1990; Laws 1992, c. 299, § 5, eff. July 1, 1992; Laws 1995, c. 352, § 185, eff. July 1, 1995; Laws 1998, c. 416, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1998; Laws 2000, c. 385, § 8, eff. Nov. 1, 2000; Laws 2001, c. 5, § 1, emerg. eff. March 21, 2001; Laws 2006, c. 87, § 1, emerg. eff. April 24, 2006; Laws 2010, c. 242, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2010.
NOTE: Laws 2000, c. 302, § 2 repealed by Laws 2001, c. 5, § 2, emerg. eff. March 21, 2001.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.