2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-1430.33. Notice of voluntary closing - Alternative placement of residents.

10 OK Stat § 10-1430.33 (2014) What's This?

Any provider or licensee operating under the Group Homes for Persons with Developmental or Physical Disabilities Act shall give ninety (90) days' notice prior to voluntarily closing a group home or closing any part of a group home, or prior to closing any part of a group home if closing such part will require the transfer or discharge of more than ten percent (10%) of the residents. Such notice shall be given to the Department of Human Services, to any resident who must be transferred or discharged, to the resident's guardian or advocate, and to a member of the resident's family, where practicable. Notice shall state the proposed date of closing and the reason for closing. The provider or licensee shall offer to assist the resident in securing an alternative placement and shall advise the resident on available alternatives. Where the resident is unable to choose an alternative placement and is not under guardianship, the Department shall be notified of the need for relocation assistance. The provider or licensee shall comply with all applicable laws and rules until the date of closing, including those related to transfer or discharge of residents. The Department may place a relocation team in the group home if needed. Also, the Department may promulgate rules that establish criteria for the acceleration of the notice requirement if extraordinary circumstances warrant it.

Added by Laws 1987, c. 225, § 33, eff. July 1, 1987. Amended by Laws 1996, c. 155, § 33, eff. Nov. 1, 1996; Laws 1996, c. 354, § 33, eff. Nov. 1, 1996. Renumbered from § 1-818.33 of Title 63 by Laws 1996, c. 354, § 56, eff. Nov. 1, 1996. Amended by Laws 2006, c. 137, § 24, eff. Nov. 1, 2006.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.