2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 10. Children
§10-1430.11. Standards for group homes.
A. The Department of Human Services shall develop rules establishing minimum standards for group homes. These standards, at minimum, shall regulate:
1. Location and construction of the home, including plumbing, heating, lighting, ventilation, and other physical conditions which shall ensure the health, safety, and comfort of residents and protection from fire hazards;
2. All sanitary conditions within the group home and its surroundings, including water supply, sewage disposal, food handling, and general hygiene, which shall ensure the health and comfort of residents;
3. Number and qualifications of all personnel, including management and supervisory, direct care, specialized professional or paraprofessional and other personnel, having responsibility for any part of the care given to residents. The Department of Human Services shall establish staffing requirements for homes which shall specify the supervision, continuing education, and training requirements that are needed for care of the residents of the various types of group homes;
4. An individualized written plan for the training, habilitation or rehabilitation for each resident of the group home specifying the training, habilitation or rehabilitation outcomes and activities for the resident. The plan shall be prepared by the team of the resident;
5. Competency-based training for the safe administration of medication and the provision of health-related services, as defined in Section 1020 of Title 56 of the Oklahoma Statutes, to residents;
6. Accountability for the management and safekeeping of any funds of the resident which the group home manages; and
7. Conditions and procedures for the involuntary transfer or discharge of a resident from a group home.
B. The Department may, as necessary and appropriate, establish a system of classification for group homes based upon the level of care or treatment, training, habilitation or rehabilitation services required by residents of the group home, and establish requirements for each classification.
Added by Laws 1987, c. 225, § 11, eff. July 1, 1987. Amended by Laws 1994, c. 236, § 9, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Laws 1996, c. 155, § 11, eff. Nov. 1, 1996; Laws 1996, c. 354, § 11, eff. Nov. 1, 1996. Renumbered from § 1-818.11 of Title 63 by Laws 1996, c. 354, § 56, eff. Nov. 1, 1996. Amended by Laws 2006, c. 137, § 8, eff. Nov. 1, 2006.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.