2019 Ohio Revised Code
Section 1723.01 - Power to enter upon and appropriate land.

If a company is organized for the purpose of erecting or building dams across rivers or streams in this state to raise and maintain a head of water; for constructing and maintaining canals, locks, and raceways to regulate and carry such head of water to any plant or powerhouse where electricity is to be generated; for erecting and maintaining lines of poles on which to string wires or cables to carry and transmit electricity; for transporting natural or artificial gas, petroleum, coal or its derivatives, water, or electricity, through tubing, pipes, or conduits, or by means of wires, cables, or conduits; for storing, transporting, or transmitting water, natural or artificial gas, petroleum, or coal or its derivatives, or for generating and transmitting electricity; then such company may enter upon any private land to examine or survey lines for its tubing, pipes, conduits, poles, and wires, or to examine and survey for a reservoir, dams, canals, raceways, a plant, or a powerhouse, and to ascertain the number of acres overflowed by reason of the construction of such dams, and may appropriate so much of such land, or any right or interest therein, as is deemed necessary for the laying down or building of such tubing, conduits, pipes, dams, poles, wires, reservoir, plant, powerhouse, storage yards, wharves, bridges, workshops, receiving and delivery structures or facilities, pumping stations, and any other buildings, structures, appliances, or facilities necessary to the purposes of such companies, as well as the land overflowed, and for the erection of tanks and reservoirs for the storage of water for transportation and the erection of stations along such lines.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.