2018 Ohio Revised Code
Section 1715.18 - Incorporation of cathedrals or other religious societies.

When a diocesan convention or other representative body of any religious denomination in this state desires the incorporation of a cathedral or other central or general religious society or church of its denomination, having, in addition to local religious, educational, or charitable functions, a general charge of such functions and of missionary function in the diocese or other ecclesiastical territory in this state represented by said body, and when at any regular meeting of such representative body it elects not less than five members of such denomination, at least one of whom is a resident freeholder in this state, to serve as members of the chapter or trustees of the society being incorporated until the election of their successors, and makes a statement giving the names of such members or trustees, the character of the endowment fund or other property, donations, or appropriations to be entrusted to their care and the uses to which such fund, property, donations, and appropriations are to be applied, the general rights, powers, and duties of such members or trustees, and the corporate name by which they are to be known, which statement is signed, certified, attested, acknowledged, filed, and recorded in the office of the secretary of state in the manner prescribed by section 1715.12 of the Revised Code for statements filed under such section, then the members or trustees so named thereupon, with their successors in office, under such corporate name, become a body corporate and politic for the purpose specified in such statement. A copy of such record, certified by the secretary of state, shall be evidence of the existence of such corporation.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.