2018 Ohio Revised Code
Section 1309.610 - Disposition of collateral after default - UCC 9-610.

(A) After default, a secured party may sell, lease, license, or otherwise dispose of any or all of the collateral in its present condition or following any commercially reasonable preparation or processing.

(B) Every aspect of a disposition of collateral, including the method, manner, time, place, and other terms, must be commercially reasonable. If commercially reasonable, a secured party may dispose of collateral by public or private proceedings, by one or more contracts, as a unit or in parcels, at any time and place, and on any terms.

(C) A secured party may purchase collateral:

(1) At a public disposition; or

(2) At a private disposition, but only if the collateral is of a kind that is customarily sold on a recognized market or the subject of widely distributed standard price quotations.

(D) A contract for a sale, lease, license, or other disposition includes the warranties relating to title, possession, quiet enjoyment, and the like that by operation of law accompany a voluntary disposition of property of the kind subject to the contract.

(E) A secured party may disclaim or modify warranties under division (D) of this section:

(1) In a manner that would be effective to disclaim or modify the warranties in a voluntary disposition of property of the kind subject to the contract of disposition; or

(2) By communicating to the purchaser a record evidencing the contract for disposition and including an express disclaimer or modification of the warranties.

(F) A record is sufficient to disclaim warranties under division (E) of this section if it indicates "There is no warranty relating to title, possession, quiet enjoyment, or the like in this disposition" or uses words of similar import.

Effective Date: 07-01-2001 .

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.