2016 Ohio Revised Code
Title  XLV MOTOR VEHICLES - AERONAUTICS - WATERCRAFT
Chapter 4511 - TRAFFIC LAWS - OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Section 4511.031 - Portable preemption signal devices prohibited.
(1) No person shall possess a portable signal preemption device.
(2) No person shall use a portable signal preemption device to affect the operation of the traffic control signal.
(B) Division (A)(1) of this section does not apply to any of the following persons and division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to any of the following persons when responding to an emergency call:
(1) A peace officer, as defined in division (A)(1), (12), (14), or (19) of section 109.71 of the Revised Code;
(2) A state highway patrol trooper;
(3) A person while occupying a public safety vehicle as defined in division (E)(1), (3), or (4) of section 4511.01 of the Revised Code.
(C) Whoever violates division (A)(1) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. Whoever violates division (A)(2) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(D) As used in this section, "portable signal preemption device" means a device that, if activated by a person, is capable of changing a traffic control signal to green out of sequence.
Effective Date: 03-23-2005
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.