2006 Ohio Revised Code - 955. Dogs.
Dog and Kennel Licenses.
- 955.01. Registration of dogs.
- · · · [955.01.1] 955.011.Free permanent registration for assistance dogs.
- · · · [955.01.2] 955.012.Registration of law enforcement canines.
- · · · [955.01.3] 955.013.Internet registration of dogs and kennels; payment of fees by financial transaction device.
- 955.02. Definition of kennel owner.
- 955.03. Dogs are personalty.
- 955.04. Kennel registration.
- 955.05. Mid-year registration of dog or kennel.
- 955.06. Registration for partial year.
- 955.07. Certificates of registration; record kept by county auditor.
- 955.08. Tags.
- 955.09. Period of validity.
- 955.10. Tags to be worn.
- 955.11. Transfer of ownership or possession of dog.
- 955.12. Dog wardens.
- 955.13. [Repealed]
- 955.14. Fee increases; research by veterinary school; authorized agents.
- 955.15. Impounding dogs.
- 955.16. Disposition of dogs; research; inspection by humane society.
- 955.17. Costs; fees.
- 955.18. Redemption of dog.
- 955.19. Funds.
- 955.20. Purpose of dog and kennel fund.
- · · · [955.20.1] 955.201.Pet fund.
- · · · [955.20.2] 955.202.Pets program funding board.
- 955.21. Prohibition against failure to register dog kennel.
- 955.22. Confinement or restraint of dog; liability insurance; debarking or surgically silencing dog.
- · · · [955.22.1] 955.221.Local ordinances or resolutions to control dogs.
- 955.23. Prohibition against failure of duty by dog warden.
- 955.24. Prohibition against hindering the capture of unregistered dog.
- 955.25. Unlawful tag.
- 955.26. Confinement of dogs.
- · · · [955.26.1] 955.261.Duties after dog bites person; quarantine.
- 955.27. Disposition of surplus fund.
- 955.28. Dog may be killed for certain acts; owner liable for damages.
- 955.29. Claim of owner.
- 955.30. Action to recover for loss.
- 955.31. Additional information.
- 955.32. Registered stock.
- 955.33. Hearing.
- 955.34. Witnesses.
- 955.35. Payment of claims.
- 955.36. Blanks.
- 955.37. Appeal.
- 955.38. Appeal hearing.
- 955.39. Prohibition against violating a rabies quarantine.
- 955.40. Forfeiture.
- 955.41. Examination of claim.
- 955.42. Reimbursement for rabies bite.
Dogs With Blind, Deaf, or Mobility Impaired Person.
Fines and Penalties.
- 955.44. Disposition of fines.
- 955.50. Dogs; regulations re sale; receipt; transportation.
- 955.51. Claim for value of livestock injured or killed by coyote or black vulture.
- 955.52. Hearing, determination and payment of claims; voluntary animal damage control plans.
- 955.53. Claim forms.
- 955.99. Penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.