2006 Ohio Revised Code - 953.23. Application for license; expiration; renewal.
(A) Application for a license shall be made to the department of agriculture on a form prescribed by the department.
(B) Each application shall include all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The applicant's proposed place of business;
(3) A detailed statement of the method that the applicant intends to use to dispose of, pick up, render, or collect raw rendering material or to transport it to a composting facility;
(4) Such other relevant information as the department may require.
(C) Each applicant shall submit the annual license fee with his application.
(1) The license fee for a person applying for an annual license to pick up or collect raw rendering material and dispose of the material to a licensee or in accordance with divisions (B) and (C) of section 953.26 of the Revised Code, or to transport raw rendering material to a composting facility, is twenty-five dollars.
(2) The license fee for a person applying for an annual license to pick up or collect raw rendering material and to operate one or more rendering plants is one hundred dollars for each such plant.
(D) On receipt of an application and fee, under this section, the department shall inspect the means of conveyance and premises that the applicant proposes to use to dispose of, collect, pick up, or render raw rendering material or to transport it to a composting facility for profit.
(E) If the department finds that the applicant's means of conveyance, premises, and operation meet the requirements of this chapter and rules adopted thereunder, the department shall issue a license to the applicant to dispose of, pick up, render, or collect for profit raw rendering material or to transport it to a composting facility for profit.
(F) Each license issued under this section shall expire on the thirty-first day of December of each year. Each person licensed under this section shall make application for renewal of his license no later than the thirtieth day of November of each year.
(G) Application for renewal shall be in accordance with the requirements of this section for initial application for a license and the standard renewal procedure of
sections 4745.01 to
4745.03 of the Revised Code.
HISTORY: 133 v H 260 (Eff 10-22-69); 145 v S 73. Eff 8-10-94.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.