2006 Ohio Revised Code - 926.23. Duplicate receipts.

§ 926.23. Duplicate receipts.

If a negotiable receipt has been lost or destroyed, the licensed handler shall issue a new receipt on the same terms as, subject to the same conditions as, and bearing on its face the number and date of, the receipt in lieu of which it is issued and a plain and conspicuous statement that it is a duplicate receipt issued in lieu of a lost or destroyed receipt, upon the claimant's filing with him: 

(A) An affidavit stating that the claimant is lawfully entitled to the possession of the original receipt, that he has not negotiated or endorsed the original receipt, how the original receipt was lost or destroyed, and, if the receipt was lost, that diligent effort has been made without success to find the receipt; 

(B) A bond double the value, at the time the bond is given, of the agricultural commodity represented by the lost or destroyed receipt. The bond shall be in a form approved by the director of agriculture and shall be conditioned to indemnify the agricultural commodity depositors fund, the handler, and any other person entitled to the commodity against all loss, liability, or expense that it or he may sustain by reason of the issuance of a duplicate receipt. The bond shall have as surety a corporate surety company that is authorized to do business under the laws of this state. 

A receipt that is plainly marked "DUPLICATE" is a representation and warranty by the licensed handler that the receipt is an accurate copy of an original receipt properly issued and then canceled on the date of issuance of the duplicate and imposes on him no liability other than his obligation under the original receipt. 

HISTORY: 139 v H 770 (Eff 7-1-83); 141 v H 201. Eff 7-1-85.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.