2006 Ohio Revised Code - 3115.39. Procedure for registering order in Ohio.
(A) A support order or income withholding order of another state may be registered in this state by sending all of the following documents and information to the appropriate tribunal in this state:
(1) A letter of transmittal to the tribunal requesting registration and enforcement;
(2) Two copies, including one certified copy, of all orders to be registered, including any modification of an order;
(3) A sworn statement by the party seeking registration or a certified statement by the custodian of the records showing the amount of any arrearage;
(4) The name of the obligor and all of the following, if known:
(a) The obligor's address and social security number;
(b) The name and address of the obligor's employer and any other source of income of the obligor;
(c) A description and the location of property of the obligor in this state not exempt from execution.
(5) The name and address of the obligee and, if applicable, the agency or person to whom support payments are to be remitted.
(B) On receipt of a request for registration, the registering tribunal shall cause the order to be filed, together with one copy of the documents and information, regardless of their form.
(C) A complaint or comparable pleading seeking a remedy that must be affirmatively sought under other law of this state may be filed at the same time as the request for registration or at a later time. The pleading must specify the grounds for the remedy sought.
HISTORY: 147 v H 352. Eff 1-1-98.
The effective date is set by section 4 of HB 352.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.