2006 Ohio Revised Code - 3109.59. Termination of power of attorney.
(A) A power of attorney created under section 3109.52 of the Revised Code terminates on the occurrence of whichever of the following events occurs first:
(1) One year elapses following the date the power of attorney is notarized.
(2) The power of attorney is revoked in writing by the person who created it.
(3) The child ceases to reside with the grandparent designated the attorney in fact.
(4) The power of attorney is terminated by court order.
(5) The death of the child who is the subject of the power of attorney.
(6) The death of the grandparent designated as the attorney in fact.
(B) Not later than five days after a power of attorney is terminated pursuant to division (A)(2) of this section, a copy of the revocation of an initial power of attorney or a second or subsequent power of attorney must be filed with the court with which the power of attorney is filed pursuant to
section 3109.76 of the Revised Code.
HISTORY: 150 v H 130, § 1, eff. 7-20-04.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.