2006 Ohio Revised Code - 2953. Appeals; Other Postconviction Remedies.
- 2953.01. Definition of magistrate.
- 2953.02. Review of judgments.
- 2953.03. Motion for new trial or filing of appeal if defendant on bail.
- 2953.04, 2953.05 Repealed.
- · · · [2953.05.1] 2953.051.[Repealed]
- 2953.06. [Repealed]
- 2953.07. Disposition of appeal; setting of execution date.
- 2953.08. Grounds for appeal by defendant or prosecutor of sentence for felony; appeal cost oversight committee.
- 2953.09. Suspension of sentence in criminal cases; bail.
- 2953.10. Power to suspend sentence.
- 2953.11. Custody of defendant under suspended sentence.
- 2953.12. [Repealed]
- 2953.13. Procedure when conviction is reversed.
- 2953.14. State may seek review.
- 2953.21. Petition for postconviction relief.
- 2953.22. Hearing.
- 2953.23. Time for filing petition; appeals.
- 2953.24. [Repealed]
Sealing of Record of Conviction.
- 2953.31. Definitions.
- 2953.32. Sealing of record of conviction or bail forfeiture.
- · · · [2953.32.1] 2953.321.Disposition and use of investigatory work product.
- 2953.33. Rights and privileges restored; answering questions.
- 2953.34. First offender may still take appeal or seek relief.
- 2953.35. Divulging confidential information.
- 2953.36. Exceptions to preceding sections.
- 2953.41-2953.43 Repealed.
Sealing of Records After Not Guilty or Dismissal.
- 2953.51. Definitions.
- 2953.52. Sealing of official records after not guilty finding, dismissal of proceedings or no bill.
- 2953.53. Order to seal records; index of sealed records.
- 2953.54. Disposition and use of specific investigatory work product; divulging confidential information.
- 2953.55. Inquiry as to sealed records prohibited; divulging confidential information.
- 2953.61. Sealing of records in cases of multiple charges.
Postconviction DNA Testing for Eligible Inmates.
- 2953.71. Definitions.
- 2953.72. Eligible inmate may submit application and acknowledgment for DNA testing.
- 2953.73. Submission of application; response; court determination as to whether to accept or reject application; appeals.
- 2953.74. Grounds for accepting or rejecting application; comparing test results to federal combined DNA index system.
- 2953.75. Determinations by prosecuting attorney as to whether biological material was.
- 2953.76. Findings and determinations concerning quantity, quality, chain of custody, and reliability of parent sample.
- 2953.77. Precautions concerning chain of custody and against contamination during transport or testing; documentation.
- 2953.78. Selection of testing authority; effect of inmate's objection; approval or designation of testing authorities.
- 2953.79. Obtaining biological material from inmate; inmate's refusal or hindrance.
- 2953.80. Criteria for approval, designation, selection, or use of testing authority.
- 2953.81. Maintaining of results and samples; access to results and distribution of copies; use as evidence.
- 2953.82. Request by inmate who pleaded guilty or no contest to felony.
- 2953.83. Application of Rules of Criminal Procedure.
- 2953.84. Effect on other means of obtaining postconviction DNA testing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.