2018 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 35A - Incompetency and Guardianship
- Article 1 - Determination of Incompetence.
- Article 2 - Appointment of Guardian.
- Article 3 - Restoration to Competency.
- Article 4 - Purpose and Scope; Jurisdiction; Venue.
- Article 5 - Appointment of Guardian for Incompetent Person.
- Article 6 - Appointment of Guardian for a Minor.
- Article 7 - Guardian's Bond.
- Article 8 - Powers and Duties of Guardian of the Person.
- Article 9 - Powers and Duties of Guardian of the Estate.
- Article 10 - Returns and Accounting.
- Article 11 - Public Guardians.
- Article 12 - Nonresident Ward Having Property in State.
- Article 13 - Removal or Resignation of Guardian; Successor Guardian; Estates Without Guardians; Termination of Guardianship.
- Article 14 - Sale, Mortgage, Exchange or Lease of Ward's Estate.
- Article 15 - Mortgage or Sale of Estates Held by the Entireties.
- Article 16 - Surplus Income and Advancements.
- Article 17 - Gifts from Income for Certain Purposes.
- Article 18 - Gifts from Principal for Certain Purposes.
- Article 19 - Declaring Revocable Trust Irrevocable and Making Gift of Incompetent's Life Interest Therein.
- Article 20 - Guardians' Deeds Validated When Seal Omitted.
- Article 21 - Standby Guardianship.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.