2015 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 163 - Elections and Election Laws.
Article 24 - Conduct of Municipal Elections.
- § 163-291 - Partisan primaries and elections.
- § 163-292 - Determination of election results in cities using the plurality method.
- § 163-293 - Determination of election results in cities using the election and runoff election method.
- § 163-294 - Determination of election results in cities using nonpartisan primaries.
- § 163-294.1 - 1. Death of candidates or elected officers.
- § 163-294.2 - 2. Notice of candidacy and filing fee in nonpartisan municipal elections.
- § 163-294.3 - 3. Sole candidates to be voted upon in nonpartisan municipal elections.
- § 163-294.4 - 4. Failure of candidates to file; death of a candidate before election.
- § 163-295 - Municipal and special district elections; application of Chapter 163.
- § 163-296 - Nomination by petition.
- § 163-297 - Structure at voting place; marking off limits of voting place.
- § 163-298 - Municipal primaries and elections.
- § 163-299 - Ballots; municipal primaries and elections.
- § 163-300 - Disposition of duplicate abstracts in municipal elections.
- § 163-301 - Chairman of election board to furnish certificate of elections.
- § 163-302 - Absentee voting.
- §§ 163-303 - Repealed by Session Laws 1977, c. 265, s. 19.
- § 163-304 - State Board of Elections to have jurisdiction over municipal elections, and to advise; emergency and ongoing administration by county board.
- § 163-305 - Validation of elections.
- § 163-306 - Assumption of office by mayors and councilmen.
- § 163-307 through 163-320 - . Reserved for future codification purposes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.