2013 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 1D - Punitive Damages.
- Section 1D-1 - Purpose of punitive damages.
- Section 1D-5 - Definitions.
- Section 1D-10 - Scope of the Chapter.
- Section 1D-15 - Standards for recovery of punitive damages.
- Section 1D-20 - Election of extracompensatory remedies.
- Section 1D-25 - Limitation of amount of recovery.
- Section 1D-26 - Driving while impaired; exemption from cap.
- Section 1D-30 - Bifurcated trial.
- Section 1D-35 - Punitive damages awards.
- Section 1D-40 - Jury instructions.
- Section 1D-45 - Frivolous or malicious actions; attorneys' fees.
- Section 1D-50 - Judicial review of award.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.