2021 New York Laws
ENV - Environmental Conservation
Article 14 - New York Ocean and Great Lakes Ecosystem Conservation Act
14-0111 - Report to the Governor and Legislature.
§ 14-0111. Report to the governor and legislature.
The New York ocean and Great Lakes ecosystem conservation council shall deliver a report to the governor and the legislature by November first, two thousand eight which shall:
1. demonstrate improvements that can be accomplished in the eastern Lake Ontario and the Long Island great south bay coastal ecosystems through ecosystem-based management in cooperation with resource managers, local governments, industry, conservation and community-based organizations, and academic and research institutions;
2. define executive and legislative actions necessary to integrate ecosystem-based management with existing programs needed to advance the coastal ecosystem principles;
3. include a plan, schedule, and funding opportunities for implementation of executive actions necessary to advance the policy and principles in section 14-0103 of this article;
4. create an ocean and coastal resources atlas to make information available to the public and decision makers;
5. establish a research agenda that identifies priority issues in need of further research to enhance ecosystem-based management;
6. recommend actions to preserve, restore and protect submerged aquatic vegetation populations and meadows; and
7. identify opportunities for regional ecosystem-based management with neighboring states and the federal government.