2020 New York Laws
VAT - Vehicle and Traffic
Title 7 - Rules of the Road
Article 34-D - Operation of Electric Scooters
- 1280 - Effect of Regulations.
- 1281 - Traffic Laws Apply to Persons Operating Electric Scooters; Local Laws.
- 1282 - Operating Electric Scooters.
- 1283 - Clinging to Vehicles.
- 1284 - Riding on Roadways, Shoulders, and Lanes Reserved for Non-Motorized Vehicles and Devices.
- 1285 - Lamps and Other Equipment.
- 1286 - Operators to Wear Protective Headgear.
- 1287 - Leaving the Scene of an Accident Involving an Electric Scooter Without Reporting in the Second Degree.
- 1288 - Leaving the Scene of an Accident Involving an Electric Scooter Without Reporting in the First Degree.
- 1289 - Operation of an Electric Scooter While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.