2020 New York Laws
VAT - Vehicle and Traffic
Title 7 - Rules of the Road
Article 33 - Miscellaneous Rules
- 1210 - Unattended Motor Vehicle.
- 1211 - Limitations on Backing.
- 1212 - Reckless Driving.
- 1213 - Obstruction to Driver's View or Driving Mechanism.
- 1214 - Opening and Closing Vehicle Doors.
- 1215 - Driving on Mountain Highways.
- 1216 - Coasting Prohibited.
- 1217 - Following Emergency Fire Vehicles Prohibited.
- 1218 - Crossing Fire Hose.
- 1219 - Putting Glass or Other Injurious Substances on Highway Prohibited.
- 1220 - Throwing Refuse on Highways and Adjacent Lands Prohibited.
- 1220-A - Liability for Violation of a Local Law Prohibiting Unlawful Dumping in a City Having a Population of One Million or More.
- 1220-B - Unlawful Solicitation of Ground Transportation Services at an Airport.
- 1220-C - Work Permits for Work on State Highways.
- 1221 - Driving Through Safety Zone Prohibited.
- 1222 - Persons Riding on Trucks.
- 1223 - Lights on Vehicles Used for Transportation of Passengers.
- 1223-A - School Buses; Required Identification.
- 1224 - Abandoned Vehicles.
- 1225 - Avoiding Intersection or Traffic-Control Device.
- 1225-A - Driving on Sidewalks.
- 1225-B - Retail Sale of Frozen Desserts by Motor Vehicle; Restrictions.
- 1225-C - Use of Mobile Telephones.
- 1225-D - Use of Portable Electronic Devices.
- 1226 - Control of Steering Mechanism.
- 1227 - Consumption or Possession of Alcoholic Beverages in Certain Motor Vehicles.
- 1228 - Riding in House Coach Trailers.
- 1229 - Sign Required on Privately-Owned Vehicle Used in Delivery of Mail.
- 1229-A - Pedestrians, Animals, and Non-Motorized Vehicles Prohibited on State Expressway Highways or State Interstate Route Highways Including the Entrances Thereto and Exits Therefrom.
- 1229-B - Operation of School, Camp and Charter Omnibuses With Passengers Standing Prohibited.
- 1229-C - Operation of Vehicles With Safety Seats and Safety Belts.
- 1229-D - School Bus Attendant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.