2019 New York Laws
GOB - General Obligations
Article 5 - Creation, Definition and Enforcement of Contractual Obligations
Title 5 - Interest and Usury; Brokerage on Loans
- 5-501 - Rate of Interest; Usury Forbidden.
- 5-511 - Usurious Contracts Void.
- 5-513 - Recovery of Excess.
- 5-515 - Borrower Bringing an Action Need Not Offer to Repay.
- 5-517 - Transfer of Cause of Action for Usury.
- 5-519 - Return of Excess a Bar to Further Penalties.
- 5-521 - Corporations Prohibited From Interposing Defense of Usury.
- 5-523 - Interest Permitted on Advances on Collateral Security.
- 5-524 - Taking Security Upon Certain Property for Usurious Loans.
- 5-525 - Interest Charged by a Registered Broker or Dealer for Carrying Debit Balances.
- 5-526 - Interest on Secured Loans or Forbearances.
- 5-527 - Enforceability of Compound Interest.
- 5-531 - Brokerage on Loans; Recovery of Excess; Effect of Restitution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.