2019 New York Laws
GMU - General Municipal
Article 4 - Negligence and Malfeasance of Public Officers; Taxpayers' Remedies
- 50 - Cause of Action Not Barred.
- 50-A - Municipal Liability for Negligent Operation of Vehicles.
- 50-B - Municipal Liability for Negligent Operation of Vehicles or Other Facility of Transportation.
- 50-C - Liability for Negligent Operation of Certain Vehicles in the Performance of Duty by Police Officers and Paid Firefighters.
- 50-D - Municipal Liability for Malpractice of Certain Physicians, Resident Physicians, Internes, Dentists, Podiatrists and Optometrists in Public Institution
- 50-E - Notice of Claim.
- 50-F - Recording of Notice of Claim.
- 50-G - Recording of Notice of Defect.
- 50-H - Examination of Claims.
- 50-I - Presentation of Tort Claims; Commencement of Actions.
- 50-J - Liability of Police Officers for Negligence in the Performance of Duty.
- 50-J*2 - Civil Actions Against Correction Employees.
- 50-K - Civil Actions Against Employees of the City of New York.
- 50-L - Civil Actions Against Employees of the Nassau County Police Department.
- 50-M - Civil Actions Against Police and Peace Officers of Suffolk County; Defense and Indemnification.
- 50-N - Civil Actions Against Peace Officers, Sheriffs, Under-Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs of the County of Nassau.
- 51 - Prosecution of Officers for Illegal Acts.
- 52 - Liability Insurance for Officers and Employees.
- 53 - Alternative Service of Notice of Claim Upon the Secretary of State.
* NB There are 2 § 50-j's
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.