2019 New York Laws
GMU - General Municipal
Article 13-C - Establishment or Extension of Residential or Recreational Areas in the Lake George Park
284 - Enforcement and Remedies.

Universal Citation: NY Gen Mun L § 284 (2019)

ยง 284. Enforcement and remedies. 1. The village board of any village or the town board of any town, as the case may be, in which a residential or residential and recreational area has been established pursuant to this article, in which the use of buildings, structures and land for any industrial or commercial purpose is prohibited, restricted, regulated or controlled, or in which the use of all buildings, structures and land is limited to use for one or two family residential purposes, or to use for one or two family residential and non-profit recreational purposes may provide by such ordinance or local law for the enforcement thereof.

2. In the event that any building, structure or land in any residential or residential and recreational area is used in violation of any ordinance or local law applying to such area, the board, in addition to other remedies, may institute or authorize an official, officer, employee or agent of the village or town, as the case may be, to institute any appropriate action or proceeding to prevent such unlawful use, to restrain, correct or abate such violation or to prevent or abate any illegal act, conduct, business or use in, on or about such premises. All issues in any action or proceeding for any of the purposes herein stated shall have preference over all other civil actions and proceedings.

3. Upon the failure or refusal of the board to institute or cause to be instituted any such appropriate action or proceeding for a period of thirty days after written request by an owner of real property situate within such area so to proceed, any three owners of real property situate within the area wherein such violation exists may institute such action or proceeding at their own expense in like manner as such board or an official, officer, agent or employee authorized by the village or town board, as the case may be, is authorized to do.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.