2019 New York Laws
EXC - Executive
Article 6-G - Independent Livery Driver Benefit Fund
160-AAA - Definitions.
§ 160-aaa. Definitions. For the purposes of this article:
1. "Independent livery driver" means a livery driver that is dispatched by an independent livery base.
2. "Annualized basis" means the product of the number of livery drivers affiliated with a dispatching livery base and the number of months each such driver is affiliated with the livery base, divided by twelve.
3. "Covered services" means all dispatches from a livery base regardless of where the pick-up or discharge occurs.
4. "Fund" means the independent livery driver benefit fund as established in this article.
5. "Independent livery base" has the same meaning as set forth in section eighteen-c of the workers' compensation law.
6. "Livery" means a for-hire vehicle licensed by a local taxi and limousine commission, carrying no more than five passengers or such other limited number as set by a local taxi and limousine commission, which charges for service on the basis of flat rate, time, mileage or zones, and which is dispatched by a livery dispatch facility, but shall not include a vehicle owned or driven by a black car operator, as defined in article six-F of this chapter.
7. "Livery driver" means an individual that drives a livery, is dispatched by a livery base, receives compensation for such driving, and is licensed to do so by a local taxi and limousine commission.
8. "Livery base" means a central facility that manages, organizes or dispatches liveries, and is licensed to do so by a local taxi and limousine commission.
9. "Livery registrant" means a person in whose name a livery is licensed by a local taxi and limousine commission.
10. "Local taxi and limousine commission" means a unit of local government in New York city, Nassau county or Westchester county authorized to license and regulate liveries.