2018 New York Laws
GOB - General Obligations
Article 18 - Safety in Skiing Code
18-102 - Definitions.
§ 18-102. Definitions. The following words and phrases when used in this article shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section:
1. "Lift ticket" means any item issued by a ski area operator to any skier that is intended to be affixed to the outerwear of the skier, or otherwise displayed by a skier, to signify lawful entry upon and use of the passenger tramways or ski slopes or trails maintained by the ski area operator.
2. "Passenger tramway" means a mechanical device intended to transport skiers for the purpose of providing access to ski slopes and trails as defined by the commissioner of labor pursuant to section two hundred two-c or eight hundred sixty-seven of the labor law.
3. "Passenger" means a person in or on or being transported by a tramway.
4. "Ski area" means all ski slopes, ski trails and passenger tramways administered as a single enterprise within this state.
5. "Ski area operator" means a person, firm or corporation, and its agents and employees, having operational and administrative responsibility for any ski area, including any agency of the state, any political subdivision thereof, and any other governmental agency or instrumentality.
6. "Skier" means any person wearing a ski or skis and any person actually on a ski slope or trail located at a ski area, for the purpose of skiing.
7. "Ski slopes and trails" mean those areas designated by the ski area operator for skiing.