2018 New York Laws
CVP - Civil Practice Law and Rules
Article 2 - Limitations of Time
- 201 - Application of Article.
- 202 - Cause of Action Accruing Without the State.
- 203 - Method of Computing Periods of Limitation Generally.
- 204 - Stay of Commencement of Action; Demand for Arbitration.
- 205 - Termination of Action.
- 206 - Computing Periods of Limitation in Particular Actions.
- 207 - Defendant's Absence From State or Residence Under False Name.
- 208 - Infancy, Insanity.
- 209 - War.
- 210 - Death of Claimant or Person Liable; Cause of Action Accruing After Death and Before Grant of Letters.
- 211 - Actions to Be Commenced Within Twenty Years.
- 212 - Actions to Be Commenced Within Ten Years.
- 213 - Actions to Be Commenced Within Six Years: Where Not Otherwise Provided For; on Contract; on Sealed Instrument; on Bond or Note, and Mortgage Upon Real
- 213-A - Actions to Be Commenced Within Four Years; Residential Rent Overcharge.
- 213-B - Action by a Victim of a Criminal Offense.
- 213-C - Action by Victim of Conduct Constituting Certain Sexual Offenses.
- 214 - Actions to Be Commenced Within Three Years: For Non-Payment of Money Collected on Execution; for Penalty Created by Statute; to Recover Chattel; for I
- 214-A - Action for Medical, Dental or Podiatric Malpractice to Be Commenced Within Two Years and Six Months; Exceptions.
- 214-B - Action to Recover Damages for Personal Injury Caused by Contact With or Exposure to Phenoxy Herbicides.
- 214-C - Certain Actions to Be Commenced Within Three Years of Discovery.
- 214-D - Limitations on Certain Actions Against Licensed Engineers and Architects.
- 214-E - Action to Recover Damages for Personal Injury Caused by the Infusion of Such Blood Products Which Result in the Contraction of the Human Immunodeficie
- 214-F - Action to Recover Damages for Personal Injury Caused by Contact With or Exposure to Any Substance or Combination of Substances Found Within an Area Designated as a Superfund Site.
- 214-G - Certain Child Sexual Abuse Cases.
- 215 - Actions to Be Commenced Within One Year: Against Sheriff, Coroner or Constable; for Escape of Prisoner; for Assault, Battery, False Imprisonment, Mali
- 216 - Abbreviation of Period to One Year After Notice.
- 217 - Proceeding Against Body or Officer; Actions Complaining About Conduct That Would Constitute a Union's Breach of Its Duty of Fair Representation; Four
- 217-A - Actions to Be Commenced Within One Year and Ninety Days.
- 218 - Transitional Provisions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.