2016 New York Laws
RCO - Religious Corporations
Article 16 - (Religious Corporations) SPIRITUALIST CHURCHES CONNECTED WITH THE NATIONAL SPIRITUALIST ASSOCIATION
304 - Certificate of incorporation.
304. Certificate of incorporation. The certificate of incorporation shall contain:
1. The name by which the proposed corporation shall be known.
2. The names and addresses of the officers and trustees elected at the incorporation meeting, together with the respective terms of said officers and trustees.
3. The name of the county and the city, town or village in which the proposed place of worship is or is intended to be located.
4. The purpose and intent for which the corporation is created to be set forth as follows:
"The purpose and intent of this religious corporation is to promote the science and promulgate the philosophy and religion of Spiritualism, as adopted and practiced by the National Spiritualist Association.
This corporation is subject to the constitution and by-laws of the National Spiritualist Association, a religious body incorporated under the laws of the District of Columbia, to the extent that they may not be inconsistent with the laws of the United States or of this state."
The certificate shall be executed and acknowledged by the duly elected officers and trustees and, together with the written permission to incorporate granted by the board of trustees of the National Spiritualist Association, shall be filed in the office of the county clerk of the county in which the place of worship is or is intended to be located. On such filing the church shall be a corporation and the persons so elected to be officers and trustees shall be such officers and trustees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.