2016 New York Laws
RCO - Religious Corporations
Article 16 - (Religious Corporations) SPIRITUALIST CHURCHES CONNECTED WITH THE NATIONAL SPIRITUALIST ASSOCIATION
302 - Notice of meeting for incorporation.
302. Notice of meeting for incorporation. A notice of meeting for the purpose of incorporating an unincorporated Spiritualist church in connection with the National Spiritualist Association shall be given as follows:
1. The notice shall be in writing and shall state in substance that a meeting of the members of such church will be held at a stated place, date and hour for the purpose of incorporating, electing officers and trustees and selecting a corporate name.
2. The notice shall also state that written permission has been granted by the board of trustees of the National Spiritualist Association.
3. The notice shall be signed by at least fifteen persons of legal age who are in good and regular standing of such church, in accordance with the rules and regulations of such church, and who have in good faith expressed in open meeting their belief in the tenets and the declaration of principles adopted by the National Spiritualist Association.
4. The notice shall be publicly read at a regular meeting of such unincorporated church for public worship on two successive Sundays immediately preceding the meeting by any person qualified to sign such notice.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.