2016 New York Laws
LAB - Labor
Article 25-B - (Labor) THE NEW YORK STATE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY FAIR PLAY ACT
861-B - Definitions.
861-b. Definitions. As used in this article:
1. "Construction" means constructing, reconstructing, altering, maintaining, moving, rehabilitating, repairing, renovating or demolition of any building, structure, or improvement, or relating to the excavation of or other development or improvement to land.
2. "Contractor" means any sole proprietor, partnership, firm, corporation, limited liability company, association or other legal entity permitted by law to do business within the state who engages in construction as defined in this article.
3. "Contractor" includes a general contractor and a subcontractor.
4. "Department" means the department of labor.
5. "Commissioner" means the commissioner of labor.
6. "Employer" means any contractor that employs individuals deemed employees under this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.